Saturday, November 17, 2012

Guess I should explain myself?

How do you begin a blog? For me, this is a bit strange. I have a million things running through my head at this exact moment, which for me is not at all that strange. Have you ever had so much to say you don't know where to begin? That's pretty much what is going on right now. I guess I can start with my title: Here's to the crazy ones. If you haven't caught on by now, I am one of those crazy ones and proud of it. It seems like all the best people were and are completely out of their minds, well that's how people who don't get us describe it. Personally, I am never truly understood, that was until I met the three most crazy and wise teachers oh plus my guidance counselor. Ops... he said never to call him that but I can't remember what I was suppose to say. Have you ever met a person who, instantly, you knew understood you? Well they are the four people I never had to explain myself to, and if I did, they got it immediately. My inspiration for the title comes from them. My friend, knowing exactly who I am, pointed the following poem out on one of their boards, and since then I fell in love with it.
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble makers. The round heads in he square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things. They push the human race forward and while some may see them as the crazy ones we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do!
So here's to the crazy ones! Since this is a blog, I guess I shouldn't reveal exactly everything about me. Just to start here are a few essential things you need to know. 
1. I hate grammar and do not believe it has a point, as long as you get your message across, so if you are a little OCD about that I would suggest not reading this or be patient. I will do my best to be grammatically correct and fix typos as fast as I can, since journalism requires you to be grammatically correct.  Which brings me to number... 
2. I tend to be brutally honest and say what I think without filtering. So I apologize in advance if I offend anyone - that is not my intent 
3. I go on random rants - so expect that here. I don't know exactly when I will have new posts, it will depend on many different factors. For now just think of it as a surprise because it will be as random as me, that is until I hit my stride. 
4. If nothing else this blog will serve to illustrate just how passionate and intense I am. And when I say intense I mean INTENSE. Maybe it's something you have to experience in person, but pretty much every friend I have and everyone who knows me would agree that I am possibly the most intense person they have every met- it get scary at times. 
And finally I am completely and utterly obsessed with quotes. I believe quotes are a way to gain wisdom from those who have lived before you. They are a way to know you are not alone and if there is one person who thinks exactly like you or is able to put into words how you feel or an experience you went through, it is an impossibility that you are truly alone. 
So, hey if you want to join me on this insane roller coaster, read on. But I'm warning you, I don't even know where this is going to go. For now I leave you with what will be my signature, a quote. This one gives you another glimpse into who your writer is. "Quiet people have the loudest minds. " - Stephen Hawking.

No comments:

Post a Comment